- Guys Lead – It’s primarily the man’s job to pursue and initiate romance with the wife. Men remember leaders go first – so you take the initiative when it comes to date nights.
- Set a budget –
- Include babysitter that you wife can be confident in. Remember, stress kills romance. Do all you can to alleviate stress on your date night.
- Don’t over tax the budget. Date night do not have to be fancy, simplicity can be very romantic.
- Consider an atmosphere conducive to conversation
- Consider the food – Avoid heavy foods, or else you will get drowsy half way through the date.
- Plan an activity – Men build relationships through activities. It may just be a walk in the park, but take the time to plan an activity where the two of you are accomplishing something together.
- Consider who participates – don’t always double date. Double dates can be fun, but limit them to once every five weeks or so.
- Define a win – It’s help if you both have some idea of what you are trying to achieve. For example, is this night supposed to be relaxing, exciting, productive, etc?
- Give your date enough info to prepare but no too much, anticipation is your friend
- Set boundaries together – what can we talk about? We make it a rule not to discuss certain topics that tend to stress us out. You have to define what those are to you, but doing so can save a ton of stress on a date.
- Make it regular – Set a regular night on your calendar that is your date night. Looking forward to that night is half the fun!
I would like to invite you to join us for this year’s Gulf Coast Family Retreat in Laguna Beach, FL, as we dig deeper on the topic of Biblical Parenting.
- Total cost is $400 cost includes 1 room for 3 nights and 8 meals.
- $100 Deposit due at sign up.
- I will lead a morning and night session on parenting related matters
- There will be age based sessions for children and students
- We will be planning fun activities for the afternoon slots for those that want organized time or you can strike out on your on if you like
- The room includes at least two full beds and two bunk beds so a large family can share a room (only one bath though)
- Additional nights can be purchased as a reasonable rate for those wanting to stay extra time.
To sign up call 256.232.7763 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Reposting these links from coopersonamission.com.
4 Fields-T4T (Training for Trainers) Process:
–The Four Fields of Kingdom Growth (2014) by Nathan & Kari Shank – Free PDF (English | Spanish)
–T4T: A Discipleship Re-Revolution by Ying Kai & Steve Smith (Book | Kindle)
–What Jesus Started by Steve Addison (Book | Kindle) – (4 Fields-T4T adapted for Western context)
-Article: T4T: Training For Trainers Process by Steve Smith via Mission Frontiers
-Mission Frontiers: Church Planting Movements Edition (PDF | Web Version)
-Mission Frontiers: T4T in USA Edition (PDF | Web Version)
Starting Point for Existing Believers: “Why, Whom, How” (PDF)
Why make disciples, Who to share with and How to share?
GOSPEL-Reproducing Evangelism Tools:
–The Romans 6:23 Bridge + Immediate Follow-Up
–Three Circles Evangelism (Training video | App – iTunes / Android)
–FOLLOW-UP: What To Do Next With 4 Responses to the Gospel
–C2C: Creation to Christ Story | C2C Slides (for Hindus, Buddhists)
GOSPEL-“Yellow Light” Bible Studies (to lead with non-Christians):
–The 7 Stories of Hope by Jeff Sundell
Other Evangelistic Bible Studies:
–Survey of Mark’s Gospel (using Swedish Method) by David Helm (8 lessons)
–Thru the Bible by Gary Stump (8 lessons)
–Creation to Christ Bible Study by David Watson
GROW: Short-Term Discipleship for New Believers:
–The 7 Commands of Christ (adapted from George Patterson)
Other Discipleship Resources:
–The Discipleship Cycle Booklet by Jeff Sundell
–Ying Kai’s Discipleship Lessons (English) | Japanese
–Commands of Christ by Chuck Wood/Jesus Up-In-Out Network (San Antonio, TX)
–Short Term Discipleship Lessons by Gary Stump/Onward Church (Fishers, IN)
GROW: Long-Term Discipleship in Community:
–T4T (3/3s) Small Group Format by Ying Kai
–Study of Mark Schedule
–Foundations (Training for Shepherds) by Jared Houk
–Radical’s Secret Church Video Trainings by David Platt
–Vision Casting Vignettes by Steve Smith
–The Bible Storying Scarf (for children) by International Missions Board
Websites | Blogs:
–Movements.net (Steve Addison Blog)
–e3 Partners | I Am Second
–Mission Frontiers Magazine
–Asian Rough Rider (SE Asia)
–Engage Global (Minneapolis, MN)
–McG Missions (St Kitts Island, West Indies)
–Calvary Fellowship of Treasure Coast (Port St Lucie, FL)
–Christ the Rock (Memphis, TN | Ron Surgeon, Missions & Discipleship Pastor)
–Desiring God Community Church (Coty Pinckney | Charlotte, NC)
–Great Commission Latin America (Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, Central America, South America)
–City Church Network (James Harvey & David Kaufman | Nashville, TN)
–Covenant Fellowship Baptist Church (Stuart, FL)
–Family Church (First Baptist Church of West Palm Beach) (West Palm Beach, FL)
–Mekong Kingdom Movement (SE Asia)
–New Circle Church Indianapolis (Barry & Amy Rager | NAMB)
–Onward Church Network (Gary Stump | Fishers, IN)
–Sugar Creek Baptist Church (Houston, TX | Don Waybright, Missions Pastor)
–Treasure Coast Community Church (Jensen Beach, FL | Gordon Mularski)
–T4T: A Discipleship Re-Revolution by Ying Kai & Steve Smith (Kindle)
–The Four Fields of Kingdom Growth – Free PDF / Spanish by Nathan & Kari Shank (2014 edition)
–Church Planting Movements by David Garrison (Kindle)
–Movements That Changed the World by Steve Addison (Kindle)
-A Wind in the House of Islam (T4T among Muslims) by David Garrison (Kindle)
–The Lost Art of Disciple Making by Leroy Eims (Kindle)
–Acts 29: Practical Training In Facilitating CPM Among Neglected Harvest Fields by Bruce Carlton
–Follow Me: A Call to Die. A Call to Live. by David Platt (Kindle)
–Dreams and Visions by Tom Doyle of e3 Partners (Kindle)
SPANISH: Al completar una conferencia impresionante iglesia en Honduras , me gustaría presentar mi primer sermón traducido al idioma español .
Thanks to Tessy Cabrera for translating! Soon we will be releasing the first audio overdub in the Spanish language.