As with all of my sermons, the pulpit notes from my recent series of 1st Corinthians are now available for download at SermonSearch.com. Direct links below:
How Do We View Unrepentant Sin? (1 of 8)
Marriage, Divorce and Jesus (2 of 8)
Think Hard, Love Deeply (3 of 8)
Christian Fellowship (4 of 8)
Women in Ministry (5 of 8)
Spiritual Gifts (6 of 8)
Biblical Giving (8 of 8)
- It allows for interaction with the audience. Our connect service is dialogue rather than monologue. The congregation is able to raise questions, change opinions, conduct impromptu debates, etc. Remember, on the spot questions were a major aspect of Jesus’s ministry.
- It provides a needed challenge between Sundays. It has been helpful to stir the thinking and emotions of our people as well as our staff at the half way point of our week.
- It serves as “soft launch” of ideas and thoughts - I will discuss some issues on Wednesday night that may not be fully developed. I don’t mean theological ideas, but rather methodological or philosophical. Wednesday night provides a laboratory to allow ideas to simmer in a real world environment. Sometimes our people will raise questions that cause me to think deeper, or even reconsider a position – and I love them for it.
Currently, we are in the midst of a study on the, “Minor Prophets”. The teaching plan is as follows:
- Joel – Sept. 3
- Zephaniah – Sept. 10
- Amos – Sept. 17
- Habakkuk – Oct. 15
- Obadiah – Nov. 5
- Jonah – Nov. 12
- Micah – Dec. 3
- Malachi – Dec. 17
- Haggai – Jan. 7
- Zechariah – Jan. 14
- Hosea – Jan. 21
If you attend the Connect service – read and study ahead and come ready to feast on God’s Word.
This week we launch an 8 week series on First Corinthians. We will deal with some highly controversial and deeply relevant issues that Christians faced in the first century as well as today. First Corinthians is God’s answers to questions floating around the Corinthian Church. Questions like:
- Does it matter if a Christian sins… a lot?
- Can I divorce my ungodly spouse?
- How do we make decisions about gray areas?
- Can women be preachers?
- Is it a sin to get drunk on communion wine? (Yes this was a real question.)
- TBN, Benny Hinn, slain in the spirit, speaking in tongues… is it legit?
- Is Jesus really coming back?
- Do I have to give my money to the church?
Series launches this Sunday – Aug. 10th. Invite someone!